Friday, September 18, 2015

I Finally Got Just What I Paid For


Fox Car Rentals and I usually have an understanding...I pay for the cheapest car you can rent and they end up giving me something really cool for a little bit more money at the point of sale....well, this time I ended up with the cheapest thing they had, in spite of all of my begging. I guess you can't complain about that and my wife was actually pretty cheerful about spending 10 days on the road in a car she would laugh about at home. In fact, we were sitting in this car after dinner in a parking lot and a little girl came up and kissed the hood, laughing to her mother that she wanted this little car! 
Nowhere did it seem smaller than in the Redwood Forest, which was an unexpected bonus to our Oregon coastal tour. This was a great drive and we took a hike through the woods for an hour and just spent the whole time ooohing and ahhing. The temperature was in the 60's and I was happy in jeans and t-shirt. 

It is difficult to convey in photographs just how different it is here from Florida. No bugs, no humidity, and these giant redwood trees all around. The main feeling that we had was that there might be dinosaurs around!


No comments:

Post a Comment