Sunday, May 3, 2015

Any Trip That Begins And Ends With Waves..Has To Be Good

This photo is from earlier today and pretty much tells you how my most recent trip ended. I don't think I could have had a better time...unless I wasn't sick during the time! I'm usually pretty good at taking Zinc at the beginning of a cold or flu and beating the bad stuff, but this time it took me down and I've spent the last 5 days trying to power through it. I'm better, but not better enough to be out in the surf today, so I was a photog...there's worse ways to spend your days, I'll have to admit. The surf looked big and rough today at Sunglow pier. Enough so, that I was surprised to see a paddleboarder our there...he was struggling in a stiff wind and current.
I'm just now unpacking and looking through the photos, but foremost, the weather was remarkable! It was almost magic, it was that good. If you had to feel less than your best, you couldn't ask for a better place to recover than under the stars in Princess Place Preseve with a full moon overhead. I was looking at my brothers in the campground and thought, "dude, it even looks greenscreened!"
Unfortunately, I still have not caught a fish on the flyrod in spite of all my casting...I did catch a crab on my spinning rod, which may have put me in the top 1% of the fisher folk in the park this weekend...more about the trip soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment