Saturday, November 2, 2013

Getting Started

I love all things to do with water and nature. I'd have to say that over the years I have been drawn to sports that do not involve motors, but that doesn't seem to preclude riding in a boat to a great fishing spot, as long as I don't have to take care of the boat! Here, I will share the times I enjoy the most, the surprises, and the disappointments along the way...and job one for all of us is to stop and look at the beauty around us.
The photo above is from the day Janne Martinovic and I decided to kayak from Pine Island to Cayo Costa and back in one day. That was a major paddle. The normal thing to do is to paddle to Cayo Costa and spend the night and paddle back the next morning. We did both ways, stopping for lunch at Cabbage Key on the way back. That was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment