Monday, December 8, 2014

Flager Beach And The Ill Wind

A Sunday trip up the east coast of Florida took us by wide expanses of beach with nobody but Kiteboarders out in the water. Overcast, cold and windy, this was not the normal nice day at the beach we seek, but for the kiters at Flagler pier, this must have been a great day, because I have never seen so many of them in one place before.
The way the sails were flying, I fully expected to see one of them thrown up into the parking lot. Up between Saint Augustine and Ormond there of plenty of small cafes and we stopped for a bit for a coffee. I saw at least 3 bands playing to empty parking lots and it truly changed my mind about the glamor of getting a band gig "on the beach". I'm going to head back this way on a nice sunny day just for comparison...

No comments:

Post a Comment