Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Local Surf Shop

While I'm not the one to avoid the big corporate stores in favor of more expensive Mom and Pop shops, The Core Surf Shop in Cape Canaveral, FL is an exception. This is a place that I look for reasons to spend money there to make sure they stay in business. I have personally witnessed the owner trying to talk a customer into a larger board that was more fitting for his size and ability...in a surf shop? Usually, all I hear is about the salesman was getting barrelled yesterday on a toothpick board, while I'm remembering it being 2 foot mush and he's looking like he never surfs at all.
Core surf seems more about making good relationships with their clientele than making a quick buck. Next time you are heading down A1A in Cocoa Beach, look for the Silver Surfer statue out front and make sure you stop in there. If you're like me, you'll want to spend some money if for no other reason than to make sure places like this are still around! http://thecoresurfshop.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment